Corporate

Click on image to go to pdf report.

Click on image to go to pdf report.

Today, poorly-integrated medical services and inefficiencies restrict access for low-income individuals who turn, instead, to expensive public systems, impacting the economy by $1.3 trillion annually. Public dollars frequently pay for transportation for such individuals who rely upon fire departments and emergency medical vehicles to reach expensive hospital emergency rooms and obtain only temporary relief.

Why is Health Care Planning Important?

The US Census predicts the number of Americans over 65 to double by 2030. We are living longer and for many longer life comes with financial uncertainty and increased troublesome symptom burdens. In Alameda Co. California the aged demographic, 38 percent are “disabled,” 27 percent live in low-income households and 15 percent will be without a car. Many will be seniors with acute or chronic conditions that will eventually require end-of-life care.

Differences in cultural attitude towards long-term and terminal illness mean Caucasians account for 40 percent of hospice end-of life care clients. Of the remaining 60 percent, no single group represents as many users. Consequently, many untrained and uninformed family care-givers struggle to provide their loved ones with the desired quality of care.

The retirement of the entire Baby Boomer generation, or the “Senior Tsunami,” will burden infrastructures, including emergency and hospital services, transportation (i.e. paratransit) and Medicare and is creating a national debate.

NOW is the time to plan. Training will prepare your staff and their families to responsibly prepare for medical emergencies and post acute care at home or in a care facility.

We offer certified training to senior centers, PACE programs, health plans, nursing facilities; assisted living, and other corporations that provide any level of healthcare services.

Our competetively priced and affordable training will:

  • Increase staff productivity
  • Improve inter-cultural understanding and treatment
  • Increase organizational resources for seriously and terminally ill
  • Improve the quality of care

This is an important service that benefits all. Use this link to sign up for training now.

Prepare loved ones with a serious illness to make decisions about their healthcare treatment wishes through discussion, planning and documentation.

Teach self care and provide tools for coping with serious illness to include culturally sensitive conversation honoring tradition.

Provide options for the seriously ill that connect the dots between health care experiences and health care wishes.
EMPATHY training for medical staff and caregivers is tailored to raise cultural awareness and the benefits of self care. The Empathy Program is guided by the Stanford University School of Medicine publication, Ethno Geriatrics. Comfort Homesake has incorporated this ground breaking instruction guide for groups, individuals, and organizations to understand and adopt more empathetic attitudes, listening skills, and positive attitudes toward the elderly and terminally ill.
"CONVERSATION STARTER" training will practice staff in the art of assisting patients and families to make health care wishes known before a medical crisis occurs. Participants learn how to start a compassionate conversation about health care choices.

ADVANCE CARE PLANNING training supports physicians by preparing patients to understand options and make advance health care and end of life choices.